Thursday, May 01, 2008

AT&T Wireless website on the iPhone

I finally got an iPhone (yeah, yeah I know the 3G one is coming out soon...)
Anyway, as I was browsing through all the settings when I clicked on the button that links to the AT&T Wireless Account site (under Setting > Phone > AT&T Services > AT&T My Account...
How could AT&T, being the only iPhone wireless carrier in the US, not have a site that is designed (or that would at least work) for the iPhone?
First of all the page is way too big for the small iPhone screen, you can barely see the login box. So anyway, you zoom in and try to enter your phone number. Oops, looks like the poorly written javascript code that is supposed to take you to the password box when you've typed 10 digits isn't working on the iPhone... You get stucked and can't do anything.
I reloaded the page several time and finally got 'unstuck'. But oh wait, the last digit of my phone number was a typo, gotta go and correct it before I try to login, right? Nope, the same javascript code seems to be preventing me from using the backspace button!

Way to go AT&T! Great job on that crappy website!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a 3G at the end of July and have been frustrated by AT&T's website ever since then.

It's amazing this bug has been around so long!

Unknown said...

I have the same problem when a have a typo on the ATT web page. The backspace does'nt work. I called "apple support" but they were baffeled. Lotte

Anonymous said...

WEll you thought the only problem is sending and getting pics. I remember years ago when you would occasionally hit dead spots. Well with at&t you occasionally hit connected spots. I travel a lot and i constantly hit dead spots. I am in sales and i can't talk to clients on this freaking system. I have to borrower someone else's. Ever try and close a deal when you are constantly breaking up, well the deals i am trying to close do as well. Goodbye at&t...